DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – Toronto, Canada
Job number #051
NRT is the recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets. Key attributes of these solutions include faster transaction processing, lower handling costs, optimum reliability, and strategic positioning for new applications. The client’s operating environment, communications with key industry interfaces, and satisfying regulatory requirements are important considerations for successful implementation of these solutions. NRT innovation has allowed substantial growth through its “Quick” line of products meeting the evolving demands of the gaming market globally.
In 2009, NRT acquired the largest private Automated Teller Machine processing company in Canada, TNS Smart Network Inc. TNS provides daily processing and financial settlement services for a network of over 15,000 ATM’s across Canada.
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the Database Administrator’s primary mandate is to build database schemes, tables, procedures and permissions, and to evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
• Software and database development
• Achievement/Results Oriented
• Customer service
• Problem Solving
• Building relationships
• Set up data sharing and disk partitioning
• Develop database utilities and automated reporting
• Create shell scripts for task automation
• Create, test and execute data management languages
• Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements
• Analyze, consolidate and tune database for optimal efficiency
• Monitor systems and platforms for availability.
• Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
• Restore and recover corrupted databases
• Install and test upgrades and patches
• Evaluate and recommend new database technologies.
• Implement security and encryption
• Other duties/projects as assigned by manager
Skills and Experience
• 3+ years minimum related work experience in the capacity of an MS-SQL
• Production support and Development/Delivery DBA
• Expert DBA with MS-SQL2000, 2005 and 2008
• Experience with .Net would be a must
• Proven MS-SQL database ‘Health Check” analysis/review/ tuning/optimization experience;
• Ability to perform regular database backup and recovery tests, disaster recovery tests and data archiving for the environment
• Ability to create and read SQL Profiler traces
• Experience with DB performance tuning would be an asset
• Be able to code stored procedures, views, functions, scripts
• Proven/previous 7x24x365 Production Support experience
• Experience with other DBMS’s such as Oracle would be an asset;
• Demonstrate accountability for completing work assignments, meeting commitments and deadlines
• Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Make technical recommendations, develops and implements policies, standards and procedures to ensure the security, integrity, and efficiency of the enterprise database(s)
• Able to work with limited supervision
• Able to work in a team environment
• Able to work under pressure
• Good communication skills – both written & verbal.
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.