Field Service Technician – Peoria, Illinois
Job Number: 046
As one of the 50 Best Managed Companies, NRT is looking for a dynamic candidate who is motivated and passionate about working for an industry leader in technology!
NRT is the globally recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets.
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits (health, vision, dental and life insurances), career advancement opportunities, challenging work, and a convenient work location!
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Operations and Customer Service, the Field Service Technician’s primary mandate is to resolve client issues in an effective and timely manner. The company’s solutions are mission critical to the business operations of a very demanding clientele.
Objectives: Install, debug and provide technical maintenance for hardware and software of products and components within assigned area of responsibility. This includes work on systems and incidents with both relative low and high complexity. The technician receives trouble tickets and service orders from a centralized dispatch team and is responsible to get the assigned work completed within a specific time frame (SLAs.) The majority of this work is diagnostics and troubleshooting of ATM components based on component level repair or spare part swap. The employee receives formal foundation training and all necessary equipment (tools, laptop, customer software, test software and spare parts) to have a professional foundation to perform the following job duties and responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Incident Handling: Perform trouble shooting via detailed analysis of HW and SW failures with the usage of all available diagnostic tools. This includes repair of HW on component level, cleaning and adjustment of mechanical components and configuration and installation of SW.
• Preventive Maintenance: Perform routine checks according to documented preventative maintenance procedures and refill consumables as directed.
• IMAC/R: Perform Installation, Movement, Addition, Change and Removal of hardware and software products and components as directed.
• Customer Training: Instruct and train customers on usage and operation of installed Hardware and Software. Maintains quality measurements and overall commitment to customer satisfaction. Provides timely follow-up to customer concerns and requests.
• Process Tasks: Receive briefing for incidents and orders from dispatch function. Update dispatch function of all unforeseen issues. Provide detailed debriefing on all performed activities. Proactively inform customers about performed actions.
• Continuous Improvement Process: Observe technical or process problems at all times, proactively inform about potential problems and offer improvement suggestions if possible. Actively use corporate tools and processes for knowledge sharing, e.g. knowledge base to find solutions and provide input for it.
• Training: Participate in regular hardware and software trainings (on the job, classroom trainings and web-based trainings) according to the corporate training concept and receive certification after passing relevant test.
• Administration: Installs FCOs (field change orders) and other equipment modifications as needed. Responsible for timely and accurate dispatch information (updated at time of call) and all administrative reports as defined by management, including service reports, expense reports, time and attendance records accurately and on time.
• Security and Safety: Drives safely at all times and obeys all traffic laws and regulations. Responsible for the integrity and security of company vehicle, tools, test equipment, proprietary software and proper documentation.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Demonstrate quality technical, electronic repair and maintenance skills.
• Must be able to maintain a working knowledge in technology and associated technical skills to systems, applications, tools and resources utilized in the office and field.
• Must be proficient with the general Windows operating system and platforms.
• Familiarity and keep abreast of the field’s procedures, practices and concepts.
• Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and maintain a positive, customer focused attitude.
• Minimum 2 year experience in IT, mechanical or electronic related profession. ATM technical experience preferred. Or the minimum education of an associate’s degree in a technology field.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and external personnel, both verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to interpret and understand technical documentation.
• PC literacy and good knowledge and application of the relevant tools and methods.
• Product knowledge of ATM industry highly desirable.
• Experience in servicing NRT QuickJack products or other ticket redemption products in a casino environment an asset.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employees may be required to drive long distances in traffic. Employees may also be exposed to inclement weather conditions.
All applications MUST include:
• Your minimum annual salary expectation
• Why you consider yourself to be a good fit for this position
• A current resume in plain Word format
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job. NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.