Human Resources Coordinator – Toronto
(Job Number 069)
As one of the 50 Best Managed Companies, NRT is looking for a dynamic candidate who is motivated and passionate about working for an industry leader in technology!
NRT is the globally recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets.
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits (health, vision, dental and life insurances), career advancement opportunities, challenging work, and a convenient work location!
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator’s primary mandate is to function in a support role for the human resources department. Key responsibilities will include (but are not limited to) supporting human resources functions such as recruitment, performance management, benefit administration, administration of policies and procedures, and various HR projects.
• Client Focus/Service
• Achievement/Results Oriented
• Problem Solving
• Building relationships
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure that all record keeping is accurate and up to date (experience with HRIS is an asset)
• Working understanding of Employment Legislation
• Create new hire packages and facilitates new hire orientation
• Work with payroll department to ensure information on human resources database(s) are accurate and complete (i.e. vacations, transfers, promotions, new hires, terminations)
• Completes monthly and quarterly reports for management as requested
• Screening resumes per managerial requirement; creating profile based on prescreening questions
• Scheduling technical interviews for managers, creating shortlists and conducting reference and background checks
• Answer ad hoc inquiries from employees and management regarding policy and procedures, and answers in a timely and professional manner
• Receives and screens calls for HR dept.
• Liaise with various departments regarding internal and external administration
• Administer Company benefit plans (US and Canada)
• JHSC compliance per OHSA
• Various HR projects as assigned by management upon request
Essential Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources or Business Administration
• 1-2 years of progressive HR experience
• Sensitive to confidential information
• Understanding of value added HR practices
• JHSC committee experience is an asset
• Good working knowledge of employment law (i.e. Employment Standards, Human Rights)
• Superior written and verbal communication skills; can communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Highly motivated, and enthusiastic
• Highly detail oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills, and thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office products (Word and Excel)
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to email@example.com to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.