Incident Management Analyst – Toronto
Job # 073
As one of the 50 Best Managed Companies, NRT is looking for a dynamic candidate who is motivated and passionate about working for an industry leader in technology!
NRT is the globally recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets.
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits (health, vision, dental and life insurances), career advancement opportunities, challenging work, and a convenient work location!
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
NRT has to adhere to multiple compliance frameworks and regulations. Through strategic IT upgrades and enhanced security features, NRT accommodates these requirements while supporting the rapid expansion of NRT’s services and infrastructure. NRT is looking for a motivated Incident Management Analyst with a compliance background to join the Compliance team. This role is responsible for the assessment of security and business controls that support NRT’s services and infrastructure and accommodate requirements. This candidate should be a technically experienced security and compliance professional who understands IT processes and is able to drive innovative change through multiple organizations and teams. This is a full-time, mid-senior level role, based in Toronto reporting to the Manager, Compliance & Security.
Roles & Responsibilities
• has deep understanding of Incident Management best practices in a global infrastructure environment
• establishes governance and operational model for Incident Management
• identifies strategies and actions to evolve service management and lead improvement programs by creating or modifying processes, tools or approaches to address various scenarios
• is responsible for the quality of services and adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLA)
• chairs appropriate meetings of the Incident Management (e.g. Change Advisory etc.)
• develops measures and matrix for Incident Management monitoring, tracking and reporting
Critical Incident/Problem Management:
• act as “Commander” for the most critical incidents and invoke the Incident Management process
• assess risk and criticality, assume control and lead the overall recovery process
• schedule and facilitate communication with Executive Management
• ensure incident records are created and updated appropriately
• provide regular and frequent updates to Executive Management and other teams to ensure uniformity in messages regarding incident description, current status and resolution steps
• proceed with escalations and transition to secondary team(s) as required
• participate in operational reviews and produce post mortem documents
• responsible for compliance with corporate policies established including but not limited to the HR, Technology, Security & Privacy policies
• ensure that all tasks and processes related to Production System changes are identified, documented and tracked
• ensure policies and procedures are updated once change has been implemented
• responsible to design, plan and implement change initiated by new products & services, Card Association mandates, process improvements
• manage process reviews, make recommendations for enhancements to improve efficiencies
• ensure that operational effectiveness is achieved by promoting & leveraging existing technology
• responsible to represent operational risk on organizational initiatives
• identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns
• create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes
• apply structured change management approach and methodology
Position Requirements: Education, Experience & Training required
• minimum 3 years’ experience with incident management, problem management, and root cause analysis in an IT environment
• strong organization, planning and analytical skills
• foundation certification and working knowledge of ITIL V3 Service Management Framework preferred, with specialization on Incident & Problem
• detailed oriented with strong analytical, organizational and problem identification skills
• well-developed technical aptitude, knowledge and understanding of services provided by IT departments
• ability to stay calm and work under pressure in stressful situations
• effective verbal and written communication skills
• technically savvy with working knowledge of leading technologies used in a modern and progressive IT environment; experience in system support preferred
Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Accounting, or related field
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.