Network Operations Center Specialist – Toronto, Canada
Job Number: 032
NRT is the recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets. Key attributes of these solutions include faster transaction processing, lower handling costs, optimum reliability, and strategic positioning for new applications. The client’s operating environment, communications with key industry interfaces, and satisfying regulatory requirements are important considerations for successful implementation of these solutions. NRT innovation has allowed substantial growth through its “Quick” line of products meeting the evolving demands of the gaming market globally.
In 2009, NRT acquired the largest private Automated Teller Machine processing company in Canada, TNS Smart Network Inc. TNS provides daily processing and financial settlement services for a network of over 30,000 ATM’s across Canada.
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
NRT’s solutions are mission critical to the business operations of a very demanding clientele. As an integral member of the internal front line service point, the Network Operations Center Specialist key responsibilities are as follows:
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Ability to diagnose basic IT and computer system and network issues; hardware, software, networking, desktop, VPN and operator problems.
• Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, disk drives, network servers, routers, and firewalls.
• Install, remove, test and configure PC operating systems, software and hardware
• Answer technical support phone calls, open support tickets and address those Client requests
• Resolve, escalate and provide status updates to internal team members
• Provide user assistance as needed on operating systems, software and hardware usage and procedures
• Provide technical support both via phone and onsite service during the normal working hours
• Troubleshoot & research business application, PC, server and network hardware errors
• Provide on-call emergency services after business hours, holiday and weekends as required
• Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Technology-related field or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of related experience
• Build, Deploy, Repair, Maintain hardware (including Desktops, Laptops, printers, mobile devices, peripherals)
• Experience using Solarwinds & other monitoring tools.
• Determine false-positives from live issues and escalate as appropriate.
• Basic TCP/IP network troubleshooting
• Windows and Linux (Centos, and Debian) client & server OS troubleshooting experience (running scripts, processing/understanding event log messages)
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, various enterprise anti-malware and anti-virus software, AppAssure, and Veeam.
• Cisco VPN remote access configuration & troubleshooting
• Network/Local printer troubleshooting
• Active Directory user management
• Exchange 2010 basic management
• Citrix XenApp 7.5 troubleshooting
• Excellent organizational and documenting skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent client relations skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Self-starter with an ability to work independently
• Must be flexible to work a 12 hour day and (or) night shifts.
All applications MUST include:
• Your minimum annual salary expectation
• Why you consider yourself to be a good fit for this position
• A current resume in plain Word format
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited
for the position will be contacted.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.