Senior Technical Analyst – Toronto, Canada
job number 056
Senior Technical Analyst
As one of the 50 Best Managed Companies, NRT is looking for a dynamic candidate who is motivated and passionate about working for an industry leader in technology!
NRT is the globally recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets.
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits (health, vision, dental and life insurances), career advancement opportunities, challenging work, and a convenient work location!
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
Reporting to the Manager, Payment Services the Sr. Technical Analyst, Payment Services primary mandate is to perform implementation, certification and application support for payment services team.
The Sr. Technical Analyst, Payment Services is expected to:
1. Possess an expert knowledge of POS devices , applications and Switching applications such as, BASE24 POS
2. Have experience with major POS related implementations, including Canadian big 5 banks
3. Have experience with POS (EMV) certifications for payment associations such as Interac, Visa , MasterCard and American Express
4. Provide technical training to other teams and resources such as Quality assurance, Operations, settlement and reconciliation
5. Provide required assistance in deployment planning and various phases of the project.
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Problem determination and problem solving
• Building and maintaining relationships with Interac and members
• Understanding the business implications of technology decisions
• Understanding of financial services business processes
Key Responsibilities – Quality Assurance
• Responsible for Testing and implementation of POS devices and applications
• Perform test infrastructure setup that includes application such as POS devices, BASE24 POS and other required tools
• Preparation of test plans , test cases and test reports for various test phases such as Unit, Integration, Performance, Certification and User acceptance
• Identification and documentation of defects, tracking, ensure timely closure
• Provide technical assistance in the determination and resolution of technical issues
• Ensure accordance with NRT internal service level agreements and documentation
Key Responsibilities – Application Certification (POS & Settlement)
• Preparation and maintenance of certification infrastructure
• Where required co-ordinate with certification agent timelines and arrange for required test windows with the internal and external teams
• Perform EMV Contact and contactless certification tests
• Setup of other dependent applications such as key management systems and infrastructure
• Testing and validation of Settlement applications
• Other tasks as assigned by manager
• Testing of fixes and changes to POS application(s) as per business requirements
• Documentation of settlement application changes and requirements
• Adhere to NRT quality standards and regulatory requirements from payment associations
• Plan and participate production implementation related projects
• Possess an good understanding of POS devices, switching applications such as BASE24 POS
• Understanding of ISO 8583 messaging standards and Payment card industry (PCI) standards
• Understanding of EMV tools and techniques for Contact and Contactless products
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with POS devices (EMV) such as Igenico , Hypercom , Verifone ,etc. and certification
• Experience with major production implementations, including Canadian big 5 banks
• Ability to travel as required
All applications MUST include:
• Your minimum annual salary expectation
• Why you consider yourself to be a good fit for this position
• A current resume in plain Word format
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.