Systems Administrator – Toronto, Canada
Job Number: 025
NRT is the recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets. Key attributes of these solutions include faster transaction processing, lower handling costs, optimum reliability, and strategic positioning for new applications. The client’s operating environment, communications with key industry interfaces, and satisfying regulatory requirements are important considerations for successful implementation of these solutions. NRT innovation has allowed substantial growth through its “Quick” line of products meeting the evolving demands of the gaming market globally.
In 2009, NRT acquired the largest private Automated Teller Machine processing company in Canada, TNS Smart Network Inc. TNS provides daily processing and financial settlement services for a network of over 30,000 ATM’s across Canada.
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
NRT’s solutions are mission critical to the business operations of a very demanding clientele. As an integral member of the internal front line service point, the Systems Administrator key responsibilities are as follows:
• Customer Service
• Problem Solving
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Support of Network WAN/LAN and High-Availability data center infrastructure
• Maintain the Enterprise IT networking services (VPN, routers, switches, wireless infrastructure and windows servers).
• Manage and successfully complete projects improving the current networking services as necessary ensuring systems operate according to best practices and meet the business needs.
• Create detailed design and deployment documentation from technical architecture designs for communications systems, networks, hardware, software, transmission and signaling systems
• Responsible for monitoring, maintaining and upgrading network equipment and Operating System
• Network, System and Telecom support
• Provide Tier 2 and 3 network support-troubleshooting with limited supervision.
• Maintain network configuration, documentation, industry best standards and practices.
• Work closely with other IT disciplines peers to ensure the current network is scalable, flexible, and sustainable to provide enterprise services to the customer.
• Experience with PCI and SOX compliance practices preferred
• Experience with data management & data privacy practices and laws
• Bachelor’s degree in Technology-related field or equivalent experience
• 2-5 years of related experience
• Hands on experience on VMWare, Hyper-V or OpenStack KVM virtualization platforms
• Hands-on knowledge and experience in Configuration and troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012, Exchange 2010/2013, SQL 2012/2014, Citrix XenApp 6.5/7/7.5 and BES servers.
• Broad-based skillset covering IT disciplines: high availability networks, vendor relationships, client service and performance support skills
• Very beneficial: knowledge of and experience with Linux (Centos, and Debian)
• Nice to have: Cisco ASA firewalls, switches, routers, VPN devices
• Nice to have: knowledge of routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, IPv4/IPv6, Multicast, Wireless, QoS and VLANS
• Strong knowledge of all aspects of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, SMTP, RADIUS, STP, ADC for Load balancing and WAN technology
• Knowledge and experience with FC, NFS, and ISCSI based storage technologies.
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent client relations skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Self-starter with an ability to work independently
All applications MUST include:
• Your minimum annual salary expectation
• Why you consider yourself to be a good fit for this position
• A current resume in plain Word format
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.