Technical Support Representative – Toronto, Ontario
Job number 060
An industry leader, NRT is looking for a dynamic candidate who is motivated and passionate about working for an industry leader in technology!
NRT is the recognized industry leader in self-serve redemption and jackpot solutions, and has placed over 4,500 devices in over 300 casino locations throughout Canada, United States, the Caribbean, Europe and Asian gaming markets.
We offer a competitive salary, group benefits (health, vision, dental and life insurances), career advancement opportunities, challenging work, and a convenient work location!
Our environment is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. Individual and creative contributions to our company objectives are highly encouraged and recognized. There will be an abundance of opportunities to develop new skills and to benefit from interaction with a highly experienced leadership team.
Check us out at: www.nrttech.com
Reporting to the Director, Technical Services. The Technical Support Representative’s primary mandate is to resolve client issues in an effective and timely manner. The company’s solutions are mission critical to the business operations of a very demanding clientele.
As the front line service point, the Technical Support Representative is expected to:
• Ascertain problem description
• Perform speedy analysis and issue resolution (preferably without external help)
• Provide advice to clients or partners on technical questions
• Escalate or reassign problem tickets to internal or external experts
• Recommend service improvements
• Listening skills
• Questioning skills
• Customer Service skills
• Interpersonal Skills (Verbal and Non Verbal)
• Problem Solving skills
• Rapport Building Techniques
• Minimum 1 year experience in a technology support role in a helpdesk/call centre environment
• Outstanding approach to teamwork, collaboration and communication
• PC Hardware and Software troubleshooting experience
• Ability to discuss and resolve complex issues over the telephone
• Experience/willingness to work on a shift rotation
• Superior written and verbal communication skills along with strong problem solving and organizational skills; ability to facilitate
• Ability to understand the importance of SLA’s and delivering to client’s expectations
• Ability to function efficiently without direct supervision
• Excellent customer service skills with a professional demeanor at all times
• Advanced trouble-shooting and problem solving skills for dealing with escalated issues; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
• Analyze internal and external client issues relating to technical support, and provide answers by identifying problems; sourcing answers; guiding client through corrective steps
• Analyze and/or isolate the root cause of issues
• Maintain and record issues in a clear and concise manner using the various Customer Support Centre tools
• Maintaining technical knowledge and learning new products as required
• Dispatch 3rd party hardware service suppliers in compliance with service agreements
• Participate in special service-related meetings that are convened to address escalated issues
• Maintain a friendly presence and helpful attitude
• Understanding of the fundamental operations of NRT’s commonly used software, hardware, and other equipment in order to provide technical guidance for escalated issues
• Heat (software)
• Ability to multitask effectively during busy times; exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations and when dealing with clients and subordinates
• Ability to work responsibly with minimum supervision
• Effective conflict resolution skills
• Other duties as assigned by the Customer Support Centre Manager
Education and Training
• Post-Secondary education in Information Technology
• Previous helpdesk or call centre experience would be an asset
• Preference will be given to candidates with training, experience and/or certification in IT or networking (eg.MCP or MCSE)
• A + Certification will be highly considered but not a pre-requisite
• Proficient with Windows OS platforms (PC and Server)
• Familiarity with a helpdesk Ticketing system considered an asset
All applications MUST include:
• Your minimum annual salary expectation
• Why you consider yourself to be a good fit for this position
• A current resume in plain Word format
To apply for this position, please apply online, or send your résumé to email@example.com to the attention of our Human Resources department.
NRT would like to thank all applicants for applying, but only those applicants best suited for the position will be contacted.
NRT is an equal opportunity employer. It is NRT’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications, with emphasis on selecting the best-qualified person for the job.
NRT does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable law.
NRT welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.