NRT and Sightline Partner with Mohegan Sun to Create a Seamless Customer Experience with Omni-Channel Payment Solutions and Obtains Exclusive Naming Rights to the New Mohegan Sun Play+ Events Center
LAS VEGAS, January 26, 2018 (NEWSWIRE) — NRT Technologies, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of NRT Technology Corp. (“NRT”) and Sightline Payments (together “NRT Tech”) today announced the extension and expansion of an exclusive agreement with Mohegan Sun and Mohegan Sun Pocono Downs for gaming payment systems, including online, mobile, and in-person cash transactions. The recently acquired VisuaLimits™ intelligent table solution with the flagship 17-in-1 VL-Focus™ will be trialed across Mohegan’s table games to deliver payments and other operator benefits around productivity, management, and engagement. Additionally, to support the Play+™ branding and vision to power the world’s largest platform for cashless gaming experiences, NRT Tech has obtained exclusive naming rights to Mohegan Sun’s new events center, which will be known as the “Play+ Events Center”.
“We’re thrilled to bring NRT Tech’s payment technology to Mohegan Sun as our showcase property for a truly omni-channel guest experience. As the lines that separate cash and cashless payments begin to blur, we look forward to helping Mohegan and other world-class gaming operators to simplify and expand all aspects of commerce, so that they can stay focused on their core business of delivering a great customer experience” said John Dominelli, NRT’s Founder and CEO. “Our partnership with Mohegan is a prime example of NRT Tech’s unique ability to Connect the Guest Experience™”.
NRT and Sightline believe there isn’t one path to payments transformation so it’s critical that the relationship between casinos and gaming payment technology companies become increasingly collaborative. You must continue to be able to deliver the traditional cash based solutions while at the same time have a well thought out plan to offer new ways for patrons to engage with you in a cashless way utilizing mobile payments at the point of gaming interaction.
Ray Pineault President and General Manager of Mohegan Sun stated “NRT and Sightline have invested in advanced technology and fresh concepts that go against the status quo of traditional payments. This allows us to stay competitive in our changing gaming market and our strong payment partnership and aligns with our goal to always provide our guests with the best gaming and entertainment offerings.”
NRT and Sightline are focused on leveraging and building technology to innovate in what is traditionally a cash based industry, and they are the first and only companies to bring a new approach to payments that have allowed millions of patrons to easily and securely transact while generating incredibly rich data.
“Play+ is driving mobile payments as a significant customer engagement channel across slots, tables, or any online game of choice. Mohegan Sun has confidence in investing in new and alternative payments methods to help improve the bottom line and enhance the overall customer experience” said Kirk Sanford, Founder and CEO Sightline Payments.
The partnership between NRT Tech and Mohegan will enable:
- NEO™: is the most advanced, reliable and secure casino cash handling & payment kiosk in the world. Built on a solid, secure financial foundation this 9-in-1 platform supporting a broad range of services like Ticket Redemption, Bill Breaking, ATM (with rollover), Credit and Debit Cash Advance, Dynamic Currency Conversion or DCC, E- Check Cashing, Play+, and it’s EMV Compliant.
- In Person Cash Access: Manage cash access solutions easily and quickly, and with 6 layers of protection to deliver four 9’s uptime reliability and gives your guest numerous cash based options from ATM, credit or debit cash advance, and our newly expanded offering includes SmartCheck™ that avoids customer having to go to the cage and can conduct electronic check cashing at NEO™.
- Play+™: delivers a cashless gaming commerce experience that’s faster, safer and a more convenient payment option for all casino patrons at your slots, tables, or other games of choice. An industry exclusive! With more than nine (9) patents issued this digital payment platform for gaming so that patrons can pay for their play in the same way they pay for almost everything else in their lives — without cash.
- VisuaLimits™: An industry only product! VL- focus, one of the fastest growing products in the gaming industry, is a 17-in-1 table games solution and that is built on a highly adaptive hardware and software platform of actionable insights for operators, tangible business improvements, and transactional lift from payments, automated workflows, operational performance improvements and dynamic regulatory compliance at your table games. And consolidate the typical array of table games hardware to de-clutter and improve the overall ‘look and feel’ of gaming tables.
- Deposit+™: An industry only product! In partnership with Fifth Third Bank, this patented provisional credit product allows same day bank credit for cash utilization at the slot machine. Free up your working capital and the idle cash sitting in your slots, reduce labor costs, and have less frequent drops.
- Play+™ Events Center: One of the most frequently promoted areas within Mohegan Sun to their vast customer base this will be the first sponsorship of its kind to showcase and promote Play cashless solutions. When an event is not happening, the center will be used to educate and signup new Play+ customers.
- HABIT™ Analytics: An industry only product! Get in-depth knowledge of your patrons with our artificial intelligence engine that opens up a new world of how you look at your gaming and transactional data. We just don’t show you the data we will tell you what it means and how to act on it in a predictive way.
Michael Dominelli Vice President, Marketing & Product for NRT Technology Corp added “In our opinion, the gaming industry has never been more exciting. There is a lot going on and, for once, we have more to focus on than just traditional cash access technology! Truly, as a result of pressures from outside of the industry where consumers have a new set of frictionless payment expectations. It’s allowing us to push a wave of payment transformation for our casino partners and deliver data in way never before imaginable. That’s a refreshing development in a field that, quite frankly, has been slow to adapt and stagnant without new payment technology for more than a decade.”
On September 20 2017, NRT and Sightline Payments announced an agreement to merge, with the combined entity to be called NRT Tech (the “Transaction”). Following close of the Transaction, which remains subject to gaming regulatory approvals, Sightline’s CEO and Founder, Kirk Sanford, will assume the role of CEO of NRT Tech. NRT’s current Founder, President and CEO, John Dominelli, will become Chairman of NRT Tech and will remain active in leading the overall company strategy with a keen focus on driving the technology roadmap.
About Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun, owned by the Mohegan Tribal Gaming Authority, is one of the largest, most distinctive and spectacular entertainment, gaming and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country. More information is available by calling 1.888.226.7711 or visiting mohegansun.com. Connect with us on facebook.com/mohegansun, follow us on twitter.com/mohegansun and view us on youtube.com/mohegansunvideos.
About Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs
Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs, owned by the Mohegan Tribe of Indians of Connecticut, is one of the most distinctive and spectacular entertainment, gaming, shopping and dining destinations in Pennsylvania. Situated on 400 acres in Plains, Pennsylvania, Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs is currently home to 55,000 square feet of gaming space including over 82 live table games, 2,300 slot machines and electronic table games, a variety of dining and shopping options, nightlife, entertainment and live harness racing. Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs is within easy access of New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey and Delaware. More information is available by calling 1.888.win.inpa (1.888.946.4672) or visiting mohegansunpocono.com.